A carpet of flowers, a fairytale world, the unimaginable beauty and the land of lords. Uttarakhand is a heavenly land of gods, a sacred land with one Dham of the famous Char Dham and the charismatic beauty of mountains all around. The beautiful valleys, the stunning waterfalls, the sacred rivers, the rare animals, the part of Himalayas and the astonishing natural beauty is simply Heaven. The Valley of Flowers Trek is one a kind. The carpets of some of the rarest varieties of flowers that crowns the beautiful mountains and almost the whole of it are covered by flowers like a pixie land. The botanical mountain is an attraction of tourists worldwide because of its immense and rarest scenic beauty. It is a travel destination for everyone who adores the mountains, loves trekking and has a love for nature. People of different age groups are interested in the Valley of Flowers trek and the blooming flowers are loved by every trekker. The advantage of The Valley of Flowers Trek is that it is very close to the Hemkund Sahib trek and comes on the way to Badrinath Temple so most of the trekkers visit the Hemkund Sahib and the Badrinath Temple which is one Dham of the famous Char Dham Yatra.
What does the Valley of Flowers offers?
It is a very extraordinary land blessed with a mesmerizing view of the Himalayas and the phenomenal beauty of its own landscape. Situated at an elevation of 3600m above the ocean level, this beautiful place is located in the state of Uttarakhand. The enchanting fairyland with a myriad of vibrant colored flowers has a lot to offer in the Valley of Flowers Trek. The river, the colorful blossoms, the birds, the animals and the fresh pure mountain air all around is one whole package for every trekker who visits the place.
VALLEY OF FLOWERS TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: MODERATE to CHALLENGING
- Distance: 55-60 km
- Max Altitude: 3600+ m
- Trek Duration: 8-9 Days
- Location: Uttarakhand, India
- Best time: September last week and October first week
- Nearest international Airport: New Delhi, India
- Nearest Domestic Airport: Dehradun, India
Essential Equipment for Valley of Flowers Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (50-60 liters), Daypack (20-30 ltr), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season/weather
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents (4 Season), Sleeping bags (extreme -15 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, etc.