The architectural heritage, the Rann of Kacch and the Harrapan Civilization remnants make the city of Bhuj famous among the tourists visiting this one of the major cities in Gujarat. The city has some major attractions in the whole state of Gujarat which attracts almost all types of tourists. The various attractions include tombs, monuments, palaces, civilizations and places of historical importance. The city preserves the heritage of the state and promotes the creative minds of the prehistoric period with the largest and the most well-maintained civilization of that time known as the Indus Valley Civilization.
Some of the major Attractions of the city of Ajmer are
- Aina Mahal also is known as the Palace of Mirrors displays the architecture style of the old rulers of the city and hence provides us with a brief picture of the history of the city. The fascinating work with a blend of Indian and Western Architecture is a fully fledged concept which is unique in itself and so is the palace.
- Mamdvi Beach is a beautiful scenic beach on the western coast of Gujarat. The beach portrays the best view for all the nature lovers and is a great attraction for photographers. Tourists visiting Bhuj hardly leave this place to be visited in the trip.
- Shri Swaminarayan Temple is another populous destination of the city. Pilgrims and tourists from far away come to worship in this temple of Lord Krishna and Radha. The temple is a piece of work in itself displaying the creativities of those times.
- Hamar Lake is located at a distance of 1 km from the city center of the city of Bhuj. The lake provides a relaxing front with a peaceful environment and picturesque view. One of the most favorite tourist spots in the city.
- The White Desert is one of the most popular attractions in the city of Bhuj. The most famous Rann Utsav is hosted in this beautiful site where people from various cultures and parts of the city come and gather to celebrate the festival. It is one of the best sites in the country where a large number of people gather every year.
- Kutch Museum is another delight of the city holding the treasury of historic background of the city. The Museum is a must visit a place with some of the most interesting things present in it as holds the reputation of the oldest Museum in the state of Gujarat.
- Bhujia Hill is an ideal spot for adventure lovers and nature lovers. The hills provide opportunities to trekkers and give an amazing view of the city from the hill top which leaves the visitors awestruck.
- Chattardi also was known as the Cenotaphs Complex is another prehistoric monument of the town. This tomb is made of red marble and is one of the monuments holding the memorial grounds of the royal family to which this tomb belongs.
- Prag Mahal is a beautiful work of architecture in the city of Bhuj. The Mahal marks an amazing work of jails and the palace is considered as one of the major spots for tourists.
- Hill Garden is a famous park which is also the first garden built in the city. The garden is a leisure point which also offers a lot of adventures through the rides and boating as well as a museum. The garden offers a lot of fun activities and is a good spot for families and kids to spend some fun time.
- Tapkeshwari Temple dedicated to theHindu goddess Tapkeshwari is located in a valley surrounded by hills. The route is surrounded by immense flora and fauna provide a delight to nature lovers with a number of caves in the hills.
The city of Bhuj has a lot of interesting places for the tourists to visit with a number of places to feed the wanderlust. Tourist places in and nearby the city also include places like Guru Gorakhnath Temple, Sharad Baug Palace, Chhari Dandh, Khavda, Ramkund Stepwell, Rudra Mata Mandir, Vijay Vilas Palace and a number of other spots. The city is also famous for a unique type of embroidery done only in this place. With a handful of shopping bags and a memory full of pictures with a heart full of happiness and a mind full of experiences although it is hard but and the journey to Bhuj might end but the memories will be cherished forever.