If you are looking for a short hike in mountains and want to experience what hiking is all about then Nagtibba trek would be an appropriate one. The location of the trek is easily accessible and the approach is smooth. The trek itself is not a heavy duty and even families can enjoy this experience of backpacking. Ideally, beginner trekkers would love to dwell in for such a hike to see if backpacking is for them or not.
Nagtibba peak is the highest point in the Nagtibba range of peaks, a slight above 3000 meters or 10000 feet. And from the top, you get a panoramic view of high rising peaks of Garhwal Himalayas, such as Bunderpoonch, Swargarohini, Gangotri peaks and a number of prominent ones. And the flora & fauna of this region would amuse you immensely. A number of butterflies and birds at Nag Tibba trek is simply amazing.
Another big reason why Nagtibba is such a preferred trek is its access. The trek is mere three-hour drive from Dehradun and 8-hours from Delhi. So, you can plan a trek to Nag Tibba even on a weekend and be back for work on Monday.
NAG TIBBA TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: EASY
- Trek Distance:10-25-km (Depending which route you take)
- Trek Duration: 03-04 Days
- Location: Nagtibba range, Uttarakhand, India
- Best Time: Throughout the year, except monsoons (June to August). It is a recommended place to hike during winters
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Dehradun, India
What to Have for Nag Tibba Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters.
- Luggage: Daypack, Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, insulated pants (in winters), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants (in summers), shorts.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags (extreme -5 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, water bottles, Sleeping mat, etc.
Nag Tibba Trek Information
Plan your trek Nag Tibba trek in such a way that you spend a night in the outdoors in tents. Plan with an experienced tour company who can organize your Nagtibba trek. There are many companies who will be willing to do this for you at a competent pricing.