Mount Shitidhar near Manali, Himachal Pradesh is a moderate climbing peak in Indian Himalayas. People wanting to try hard trekking would like to do something like Mount Shitidhar peak climb. Although, one need to carry typical gears for difficult peak climbing, here, with little effort of snow/glacier walking one can accomplish the climb of Mt Shitidhar without inviting many challenges.
The information we have accumulated here will help you know more about Mt Shitidhar and how you can plan a climbing expedition to this peak.
Mount Shitidhar is a preferred peak for climbing because it is much easily accessible than many other peaks of the region. Once you reach Manali, you are mere a few hours’ drive from starting your trek. During the expedition, you will witness some amazing flora, fauna, and encounter the remote culture of this Himalayan state. The entire trail towards the peak offers you glimpses of high Himalayas peaks and mountains like Pir Panjal and Hanuman Tibba can be seen during the trek to the base camp of Mount Shitidhar. The Base camp of the peak climb would be Beas Kund lake, which the actual source of Beas river.
MOUNT SHITIDHAR STATISTICS
- Difficulty: MODERATE
- Elevation in feet: 17220
- Elevation in meters: 5250
- Prominence: xxx
- Coordinates: 32°3 N 77°08 E
- Location: Solang, Himachal Pradesh, India
- First ascent: Not known
- Climbing window: Throughout the year, except peak winters (Nov-March)
- Nearest international airport: Chandigarh, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Manali, India
- Driving Routes: New Delhi-Chandigarh-Manali-Solang
Mount Shitidhar Peak Climb Essentials
- Clothing: Lightweight long underwear top, Expedition weight underwear bottoms, Down suit, Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Wind shirts/light shell jacket, Jacket synthetic or fleece of down feather, Synthetic insulated pants etc.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Windcheater fleece gloves, Mittens with liners, Bandanna, Sun hat, Insulated climbing gloves, woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Other Accessories: Glacier glasses, Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, night vision glasses, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Climbing Gears: Ice ax, Crampons, Webbing, Carabineers, Rappel device, Ascenders, Jumar, Piton, Shovel etc.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, Toiletry kit, Water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, Ear plugs, First-aid and all essential medicines.
- Gears for Travel: Expedition duffel bag, Nylon stuff sacks, Rucksack, Day pack for hiking purpose etc.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags with liner, Trekking poles, Pee bottle, Pee Funnel for Women, Water bottles, Sleeping mat, etc.
- Footwear: Cold weather boots, Climbing boots, Casual shoes, Gaiters, Koflach, Crampon, Lightweight/ Midweight/ Liner socks.
Instructions for Mount Shitidhar Peak Climb
There are various travel operators offering to organize Mt Shitidhar peak climb. However, look for an agency who can manage most things for you and let you concentrate on climbing. Usually, an agency would organize everything for you including clothing, gears, accommodation and expedition. Compare the offer of a few agencies and see which one gives you the best option of Mt Shitidhar peak climb.