The Rupin pass trek is almost unheard and doesn’t list in most mountaineers list. But once you attempt Rupin pass you are sure to fall in love with mountaineering. The trek is one of the remotest and not many people would venture out. But the local mountaineering association worked hard to push this trek on worlds map. People, who are looking for high pass crossings and multiday backpacking have this fabulous opportunity to go to the source of Rupin river and cross the pass to go to the other. It is one unique trek, starting in Uttarakhand and ending in Himachal Pradesh.
The trek goes all the way along the pristine Rupin river. The scenery and landscape during the trek are amazingly beautiful. Anyone who loves nature will be happy the amassing flora & fauna that these valleys possess. And the opportunity to pass through some remote villages like Sewa and Jakha is one experience you can never forget. People are courteous and always willing to help you with anything.
Do experience Rupin pass trek if you want to get lost in a dream world and see the other side of an urban life. The information available here is the best source for this trek and would help you immensely.
RUPIN PASS TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: CHALLENGING
- Distance: 55-60 km
- Max Altitude: 15200 ft
- Trek Duration: 12-13 Days
- Location: Himachal Pradesh, India
- Best Time: May until June and mid-September till November.
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Dehradun, India
Gear List for Rupin Pass Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (60 liters), Daypack (20-30 ltr), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season/weather
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: tents (4 Season), Sleeping bags (extreme -15 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, etc.