Mount Satopanth peak is one of the highest peaks in the Gangotri group of peaks. Rising at 7075 meters is the peak that requires all the mountaineering skills to negotiate. The rewards are that of extreme peace. Adventure sports like peak climbing gives you the sense of being strong. You will get the exact feeling when you attempt the climb of Satopanth peak.
We are putting in all the necessary information in this article regarding Satopanth peak climbs. You can refer the itinerary or glace through the expected cost of the expedition and expect to find the general information regarding Satopanth peak.
SATOPANTH PEAK STATISTICS
- Difficulty: DIFFICULT
- Elevation in feet: 23211
- Elevation in meters: 7075
- Prominence: NA
- Coordinates: 30°58 N 79°12 E
- Location: Garhwal Himalaya, Uttarakhand, India
- First ascent: In 1947
- Climbing window: May, June, late September
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India,
- Nearest domestic airport: Dehra dun, India
- Driving Routes: Dehradun-Suakholi-Uttarkashi-Gangnani-Harshil-Gangotri (240 km) OR Rishikesh-Chamba-Uttarkashi-Gangnani-Harshil-Gangotri (280km)
Satopanth Peak Approach
You can reach New Delhi International airport. From there another 30 minutes flight can bring you to Jolly Grant Airport near Rishikesh / Dehradun. From there we drive to Gangotri, from where one gets the best access to Gangotri group of peaks. From Gangotri onwards one walk on foot. Satopanth Base camp which is near Vasuki Tal can be reached after 4 days of trekking. Below is the detailed itinerary of Satopanth peak climbing expedition.
Gear Check List for Mount Satopanth Peak Climb
- Clothing: Lightweight long underwear top, Expedition weight underwear bottoms, Down suit, Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Wind shirts/light shell jacket, Jacket synthetic or fleece of down feather, Synthetic insulated pants etc.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Windcheater fleece gloves, Mittens with liners, Bandanna, Sun hat, Insulated climbing gloves, woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Climbing Gears: Ice ax, Crampons, Webbing, Carabineers, Rappel device, Ascenders, Jumar, Piton, Shovel etc.
- Other Accessories: Glacier glasses, Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, night vision glasses, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags with liner, Trekking poles, Pee bottle, Pee Funnel for Women, Water bottles, Sleeping mat, etc.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, Toiletry kit, Water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, Ear plugs, First-aid and all essential medicines.
- Gears for Travel: Expedition duffel bag, Nylon stuff sacks, Rucksack, Day pack for hiking purpose etc.
- Footwear: Cold weather boots, Climbing boots, Casual shoes, Gaiters, Koflach, Crampon, Lightweight/ Midweight/ Liner socks.
Cost of Climbing Satopanth Peak
The expedition cost to Mount Satopanth would be about $ 8,000 per person for a month long itinerary. The prices are ex-New Delhi.