Hampta Pass is a serene journey amidst the Himalayas that offers you a serene journey amidst the Himalayas that offers you flora, fauna, beautiful landscapes, high altitude lakes, with a power-packed punch of adventure and adrenaline. Rated as one of the most popular treks of Himachal, Hampta Pass is ideal for beginner trekker, who are keen to explore the unfolded secrets of Himalayan mountains.
Hampta pass is the traditional walking route between Manali and Spiti & Lahaul valley. Before the motor reached here, Hampta pass was the most appropriate trail to reach Spiti. Today, the trek is revered by nature lovers for its beautiful landscape and smooth trekking experience.
The best season to pursue Hampta Pass is between June and September. In the month of August, the amount of snow in higher passes is minimal and hence considered the best season for attempting this trail. The trek experience can be heightened with a detour to the pristine Chandra tal lake, not far from Hampta pass finish point at Chatru.
We have provided you with the most up-to-date information about Hampta Pass-through this article.
HAMPTA PASS TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: MODERATE
- Trek Distance: 45-km
- Trek Duration: 7-8 Days (ex-Manali, including Chandra tal detour)
- Location: Pir Panjal range, Jammu Kashmir, India
- Best Time: June toOctober
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Bhuntur Airport, Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Essential Gears for Hampta Pass Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters.
- Luggage: Backpack (50-60 liters), Daypack, Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit, etc.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, Toiletry kit, Water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, Ear plugs, First-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags (extreme -5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, water bottles, Sleeping mat, etc.
Hampta Pass Trek Guidelines
Manali is best accessible by air. The Bhuntur airport in Kullu offer few domestic flights from Delhi. The second best option is to drive to Manali, which takes about 14-15 hours. Nice luxury Volvo buses are available from Delhi to Manali and the seats can be pre-booked.
The weather in the Himalayas can be unpredictable, so be prepared for evening drizzles and prepare accordingly. Make sure to carry all the essential as listed in this article. Also, consult other resources to prepare for Hampta pass trek.