Andhra Pradesh has a lot of famous tourist destinations in India. From waterfalls to rivers and lakes, oceans and hills, all are in ample quantity in the state. There are thousands of caves in India. One of the most favorite destinations of the tourists is Belum Caves. These caves are about a million years old. Belum Caves is the largest tourist cave in Indian Subcontinent and the longest caves in the plains of Indian Subcontinent known for the different type of beautiful formations found in the caves. Caves have always been a fascinating site for tourists in India. From pilgrimage spots like the Amarnath Temple to tourist spot like Elephanta caves, all these places are famous for their caves.
Why visit Belum Caves?
The caves are the longest caves in the Indian Subcontinent. The caves are about 3229 m long. The long passages, spacious chambers, fresh water galleries and siphons in the cave and the unique natural beauty with an existence of million years attract a lot of tourists worldwide. Today, the 3.5 km cave is already explored while only 2 km is open to tourists. There are a stream and chamber inside the cave where a lot of stalactites can be seen. The chamber is called Kotilingalu and the entrance to the chamber is known as Simhadwaram. All these factors make the caves interesting and a favorite spot for tourists. There are 16 different pathways including the main entrance and three paths for tourists. A must visit place for admirers of nature.
DETAILS OF BELUM CAVES
- Location: Andhra Pradesh, India
- Trip Duration: 2-3 Days
- Nearest airport: Cuddapah, India
- Nearest Railway Station: Tadipatri, India
Essentials to carry for the Trip
- Footwear: Normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of socks.
- Luggage: Duffel bag.
- Clothes: T-shirts, cotton pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Sun hat, Face mask etc.
- Traveling Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, water bottle.