Beaches, islands, cliffs, Varakalasea, forts and temples all are travelers’ favorite places. Nature walking with the need of the generation and modern beaches with ancient roots are all what when offered provides an amazing trip esp Varkala is a town in Kerala known for several Ayurveda centers and spas and for the 2000 years temple situated in the place. The place offers an amazing experience to travelers as well as pilgrims who visit the place.
About Varkala- It is a coastal town in Thiruvananthapuram district located in the Indian state of Kerala. Varkala is the only place in southern Kerala where cliffs are found adjacent to the Arabian Sea. The government of India and Geological Survey of India has declared Varkala a Geo-Heritage Site. Beautiful sand beaches with cliffs and various other adventures like boating and paragliding are some of the main attractions of the town. The trip to Varkala is a must if visiting Kerala as it is one of the most relaxing trips which gives a full feeling of holiday and fun.
BACKPACKING TRIP TO VARKALA- DETAILS
- Location: Kerala, India
- Max Altitude: 190 m
- Nearest cities: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam
- Total area:15.42 square km
- Nearest International Airport: Trivandrum, India
- Best time to visit: September to February
- Trip Duration: 7-8 Days
What to carry in your Backpacking Trip to Varkala
- Footwear: Normal walking boots/ Sports shoes, and floaters. Few pairs of socks.
- Clothes: T-shirts, shirts, and shorts. A few pair of jeans, pants.
*the clothing can be appended according to the weather.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Sun hats, Face mask, etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, Torch with an extra battery.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.