The Stok Kangri Peak Trek allows trekkers to surpass the 6000-meter barrier with the relatively easy climb to a peak. One can cautiously walk up to the summit of Stok Kangri, and this feature of this peak makes Stokkangri trek one of the most popular one in India.The peak itself rises high above its adjoining mountains and thus visible from most nearby places.
The altitude of Stok Kangri Peak Trek is 6150 meters, yet is very easily accessible on foot. It takes just two days of the trek to reach the base camp of this peak. And the summit climb itself is few hours affair if the weather is alright. But the experience of exploring this Himalayan section makes this trek a mind-blowing nature activity.
For Stok Kangri summit trek you will have to reach Leh via air unless you want to spend three days of driving on road. Leh is connected with New Delhi and other destinations via air. Once in Leh, you are all set to begin your trek. Carefully go through the details provided here for Stok Kangri trek and use this resource when you have decided to pursue this outdoor adventure.
STOK KANGRI SUMMIT TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: CHALLENGING
- Distance: 45 km
- Max Altitude: 6150 m
- Trek Duration: 08-10Days
- Location: Leh, Jammu Kashmir, India
- Best Time: May till October.
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi and Chandigarh, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Leh, India
Equipment for Stok Kangri Peak Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks. Crampon may be needed.
- Luggage: Backpack (50-60 liters), Daypack (20-30 ltr), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season/weather
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents (4 Season), Sleeping bags (extreme -15 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, etc.
Instructions for Stok Kangri Summit Trek
This is a short trek as compared to other high altitude treks of Himalayas. But it doesn’t mean that you can relax with preparation in terms of equipment, fitness, and mental preparation. The higher altitude tends to sap a lot of your energy and it is advisable to keep your body in prime shape for an adventure like Stok Kangri peak trek. Start running and jogging, do some weights and start stretching your body to prepare for this peak trek.