The green Pastures are what attract many trekkers worldwide. The trekkers seek places close to nature and away from the hustle-bustle of the city life. The Siang District in Arunachal Pradesh is the 20th newly created district. It is predominantly inhabited by Adi tribe of the region. The name is derived from the “Siang river”. Pangin is the temporary headquarter of the district. Pangin is 80km from Phasighat,30 km from Along and22 km from Boleng.
Why go to the Siang Valley Trek?
It is a famous trekking expedition in Arunachal Pradesh which takes trekkers along the Tsangpo river in Tibet known as Siang in Phasighat District in Arunachal Pradesh. The river later joins the Brahmaputra river in Assam. The trek covers some exciting locations which were never explored before and hence is an opportunity to explore and leave your own trials for others to follow your path. The Siang Valley Trek offers you sights and experiences that will last you a long time.
TREKKING IN THE SIANG VALLEY – DETAILS
- Location: Arunachal Pradesh, India
- Difficulty level: Easy to Moderate
- Nearest Airport: Mohanbari Airport (15 km), India
- Nearest Railway Station: Dibrugarh, headquarterIndia
- Best Time to visit: October to February
- Trip Duration: 6-7 Days
What to carry in the Trek:
- Gear for Hand & Head: Sun hats, Face mask, etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack. Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Footwear: Sandals, and floaters. Few pairs of socks.
- Clothes: T-shirts, shirts, and shorts. A few pair of jeans, pants.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.