A magnificent trek passing through the beautiful regions makes it a favorite kind of trek for every trek enthusiasts. The trek to Ratangad offers an entire region covered in greenery, streams, and waterfall throughout the trekking trail. The best season to go for a trek to Ratangad is just after the monsoon season when the entire region mesmerizes you with its untouched beauty. The best way to reach Ratangad trek is through the jungle trails where you will get to enjoy almost everything like streams, lush green forests route, waterfalls, thrills and etc. You would need to take a couple of breaks in your route to enjoy this mesmerizing beauty of nature. There are numerous trekking destinations across the globe where so many facets come together as well.These kinds of historical destinations give you an opportunity to explore a well kept mysterious heaven along with an experience such a beautiful landscape.
If you are also looking for, to be a part of this kind of fascinating trek. So, do not think so much, take an advantage of this amazing opportunity, this season make your trip, and enjoy to being lost in the mesmerizing world.
About Ratangad Hill Fort and Trek
Named as “The Jewels of Fort” Ratangad is a fort located in Ahmadnagar, the district of Maharashtra. Caught by one of the most loved fortress, ChatrapatiShivajiRajeBhosle. This hill is indeed a jewel in all the hill forts in Sahyadri, situated on the banks of Bhandardara lake at a height of 4255 feet approximately. Along with the beautiful eye-catching perspectives of the lake &Sahyadri mountains makes it the most attractive destinations for the trekkers to trek and the travelers to travel.
Ratangad Fort hill has a unique and widely known characteristic i.e, “Nedha” a natural hole in the mountain (northern side)where you can sit and enjoy the feel of the strong wind. The Ratangad Fort has a specialty with this geological feature.
It has four entryways to go through are Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan&Trimbak. And the main attraction at Ratanwadi is Amruteshwar Temple which is very well known for its carvings & attracts a crowd of people.
From the southern side, one can have a very close look of the fort Katrabai&Ajoba. And the remaining eastern & western side gives a view of Rani Mahal&Khutta Pinnacle.
RATANGAD TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance from Pune: Approximately 215km
- Distance from Mumbai: Approximately 180km
- Heights: 4255feet above sea level
- Total Time required in climbing: 2hours
- Total distance covered in climbing: 6km approximately
- Trek Duration: 1-2 Days Minimum
- Location: Maharashtra, India
- Best Time: June to February but its far better to go after monsoons if you want to focus more on photography too.
Essential Things to carry at Ratangad Trek
- Extra pair of clothes- Cotton t-shirts, trousers or track pants etc
- To keep hands free bring a haversack water bottles(3 liters)
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents (2 seasons), Sleeping bags (extreme 0 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, etc.
Places to visit nearby Ratangad hill fort
Ratangad trek is itself an energizing journey. Moreover, along with these, a lot of treks go through the Ratangad Hill Fort, apart from the lush greenery environment, it offers a beautiful view of the KalasuBai Peak, Bhandardara, Amruteshwar Temple etc. These places nearbyRatangad hill fort give a good opportunity to make their journey worth it. Temple which features the beautiful architecture, Lakes that have a place in mythology, peaks that give a glimpse into the rich history of the region.