Trekking in the Himalayas is one of the amazing and thrilling experiences that one should have in his/her lifetime. If you are wondering for the trekking in Manali we think Pin Parvati Trek is the best place to trek for the seasonal trekkers. You can witness the solace of nature, picturesque beauty of the Parvathi valley, spectacular view of landscapes in Kullu, the heavy snowfall, all in all, an experience to remember for a lifetime. Pin Parvati Pass has got its name after the linking of Parvati valley in Kullu and Pin valley in Spiti.
This Pin Parvati trek is full of thrill and adventure as the trekking difficulty level is fairly difficult including of high altitude, steep slopes, lengthy crossing area and continuous snowfall throughout the year. The trek lasts 11-12 days and perfect for witnessing spectacular sceneries all through the way.
PIN PARVATI TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: DIFFICULT
- Distance: 110 km
- Max Altitude: 17500 ft
- Trek Duration: 11-12 Days
- Location: Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India
- Best Time: April till June and mid-September till November.
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi and Chandigarh, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Kullu, India
Access to Pin Parvati Pass Trek
Bhuntur airport in Kullu is the nearest airport in Kullu to start your Pin Parvati pass trek, while Chandigarh is the closest city with the international airport, railways and road transport. Joginder Nagar is the nearest railway station from Manacle, situated at a distance of 166 km. The other convenient rail heads are at Chandigarh and Pathankot. Manali is also well connected by road with major north Indian cities such as Delhi, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Haridwar, Shimla, Dharamsala, and Dalhousie.
Rely on an experienced trekking for Pin Parvati pass trek. You need a very precise backpack with items as listed below:
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (60-70 liters), Daypack (20-30 ltr), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Sleeping bags (extreme -10 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, etc.
PIN PARVATI INFORMATION:
The Pin Parvati treks goes up to 17,500 ft in height and can be demanding on your body. You will have to adapt to the environment here and learn to exist accordingly. Everything, from breathing to hiking would require you to adapt to techniques most suitable for yourself.
Prior to the start building up physically at least three months prior. This workout will save you from the lot of hardships that you will encounter on Pin Parvati pass trek.