Darcha to Padum – Darcha Valley Trek is a high altitude trek in northern India that allows you to relive the nomadic life of Tibet and Hindus in Himalayan plateau of Tibet, the trek takes you through the valleys, gorges and passes that is still the trade route of people there. Before the motor reached here the trek trail was bustling with traders and migrants like a highway. Today, the remaining villages are the telltale of this once bustling paradise in high mountains.
The Padum – Darcha Valley Trek starts in Himachal Pradesh and arrives in Jammu Kashmir. If you plan this trek then you have to reach Manali in Himachal either by Bus or Air. And from there take a jeep drive to Darcha from it all begins. Your trek will finish at Padum, and from there you can reach Leh to take a flight back to New Delhi. From Delhi to Delhi it will take you about 15 days to complete this trekking activity. The preparation and planning for this trek are carefully mentioned in this article. HelpTravelerOnline strives to provide you useful and accurate information about travel destinations in the world. If you need more assistance to plan a budgeted trek of Dracha Padum then write to us and we will offer you a deal that you cannot refuse.
Padum – Darcha Valley Trek DETAILS
- Difficulty: STRENUOUS
- Distance: 135-140 km
- Max Altitude: 5100 +/- m
- Trek Duration: 15-17 Days
- Location: Himachal Pradesh and Jammu Kashmir, India
- Best time: May till September
- Nearest international Airport: New Delhi, India
- Nearest Domestic Airport: Kullu and Leh, India
Trekking Equipment for Padum – Darcha Valley Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (60-70 liters), Daypack (20-30 ltr), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season/weather
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents (4 Season), Sleeping bags (extreme -10 to +10 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, etc.