Mount Trishul peaks, also called the Trident Peak, is a spectacular looking mountain in the Garhwal and Kumaun Himalayas in Uttarakhand. When viewed from a southeast direction the peak showcases its three domes in full grandness.
Peak climbing of Mount Trishul in Garhwal in Uttarakhand pose plenty of challenges. Extreme weather, icy cold temperatures, and altitude are decisive factors when one wants to attempt a giant peak like Trishul. Although Trishul peak has been climbed for over a hundred years, the adrenaline to climb such a peak always feels like first time, and the challenges are ever existing.
To help you know more about Mount Trishul climbing expedition we have assimilated this information for your benefit. We urge you to cross-check or refer the information provided in this section, despite our sincere efforts to make available the most accurate information.
SATOPANTH PEAK STATISTICS
- Difficulty: DIFFICULT EXPEDITION
- Elevation in feet: 23360
- Elevation in meters: 7120
- Prominence: 5302 ft / 1616 m
- Coordinates: 30°18 N 79°46 E
- Location: Kumaun Himalaya, Uttarakhand, India
- First ascent: In 1905 by T G Longstaff
- Climbing window: May, June, late September, early October
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Dehra dun, India
Driving Routes: Rishikesh-Srinagar-Karnprayag-Debal-Wan (250 km)
The First Ascent of Mount Trishul
In his prime T G, Longstaff entered from the Rishiganga valley to reach the north side of the peak. He was accompanied by three Alpine guides, two British climber and several Gurkha support team of porters and helpers. From there they went eastward of the peak near the Trishul glacier. Taking the northeast flank they made it to the summit in June 1907. At that time it might have been the highest climbed the peak in the world. The Trishul II and Trishul III peaks were climbed for the first time in 1960 by a Yugoslav climbing team.
Mount Trishul Peak Climb Essentials
- Clothing: Lightweight long underwear top, Expedition weight underwear bottoms, Down suit, Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Wind shirts/light shell jacket, Jacket synthetic or fleece of down feather, Synthetic insulated pants etc.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Windcheater fleece gloves, Mittens with liners, Bandanna, Sun hat, Insulated climbing gloves, woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Climbing Gears: Ice ax, Crampons, Webbing, Carabineers, Rappel device, Ascenders, Jumar, Piton, Shovel etc.
- Other Accessories: Glacier glasses, Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, night vision glasses, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags with liner, Trekking poles, Pee bottle, Pee Funnel for Women, Water bottles, Sleeping mat, etc.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, Toiletry kit, Water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, Ear plugs, First-aid and all essential medicines.
- Gears for Travel: Expedition duffel bag, Nylon stuff sacks, Rucksack, Day pack for hiking purpose etc.
- Footwear: Cold weather boots, Climbing boots, Casual shoes, Gaiters, Koflach, Crampon, Lightweight/ Midweight/ Liner socks.
Mount Trishul expedition Cost
The cost of a month long climbing expedition to Mount Trishul in Garhwal, Uttarakhand will be $ 6-8000 for a single person.