Kumara Parvatha hill is the third highest peak of Karnataka with an altitude of about 1700 meters. This is one of the western ghats treks that are not very extreme, yet give you the delight of high mountainous experience without going too far from home. The Kumara Parvata Trek is one of the most preferred hikers joint and conveniently accessible too.
Kumara Parvatha trek gives you a typical feeling of backpacking like that in the Himalayas, though minus white peaks. As you rise above the forest and up to the higher altitude towards Kumara peak top, the green carpet of grass and mountains till the horizon makes a perfect landscape. It is a very soothing feeling and triggers a sense of peace and tranquility. That’s what mountain does to you and Kumara parvatha trek will be feeling close that.
KUMARA PARVATHA TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: EASY
- Distance: 30 km approx
- Max Altitude: 1700 +/- m
- Trek Duration: 1 Night 2 Days
- Location: Coorg, Karnataka, India
- Best time: Throughout the year
- Nearest International Airport: Bangalore, India
- Nearest Domestic Airport: Bangalore, India
Kumara Parvatha Trek – Hiking Essentials
- Footwear: Carry a sturdy pair of hiking or trekking Boots. And floaters and an extra pair of warm socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (50 liters)
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Poncho, Sweatshirt, fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season/weather
- Gear for Hand & Head: Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Sleeping bags (+5 to +10 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, etc.