Kangyatse Shoulder is actually the lower tower of the twin summits of Kangyatse peak. It appears as a shoulder of a man with a head, hence the name Kang Yatse Shoulder. Kang Yatse I is 6400 meters while the 2ndpeak – Kangyatse Shoulder is 6200 meters.
The climb of Kangyatse I is difficult and requires technical preparations. But Kang Yatse Shoulder can be climbed with some trekking involved. A few sections can be hard to negotiate, but attempting Kangyatse Shoulder would not require technical climbing gears. With the help of expert guides, it is quite manageable to ascent the Kang Yatse Shoulder peak. One will have to negotiate with scree and snow while doing Kangyatse Shoulder peak.
Kangyatse Shoulder peak climbing information is given here for your use if you are planning an expedition.
KANGYATSE SHOULDER PEAK STATISTICS
- Difficulty: EASY/ TREKKING PEAK
- Elevation in feet: 20340
- Elevation in meters: 6200
- Prominence: NA
- Coordinates: 33°44 N 77°33E
- Location: Markha, Jammu Kashmir, India
- First ascent: xxx
- Climbing window: July till mid-October
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India,
- Nearest domestic airport: Leh, India
- Driving Routes: xxx
Kangyatse Shoulder Climbing Preparations
To summit Kangyatse Shoulder you will negotiate some rugged terrain of scree, boulders, and snow. So prepare your trek clothing accordingly. It does get very cold near and at the summit. Your gears should be in top-notch condition. We have given a list of gears below, which you may cross-check with your tour operator.
Besides equipment, Kang Yatse Shoulder would also demand stamina and courage.So increasing stamina and muscle strength is the way to prepare for this climb.
Equipment and Gears for Kangyatse Shoulder Climbing
- Clothing: Lightweight long underwear top, Expedition weight underwear bottoms, Down suit, Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Wind shirts/light shell jacket, Jacket synthetic or fleece of down feather, Synthetic insulated pants etc.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Windcheater fleece gloves, Mittens with liners, Bandanna, Sun hat, Insulated climbing gloves, woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Other Accessories: Glacier glasses, Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, night vision glasses, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Climbing Gears: Ice ax, Crampons, Webbing, Carabineers, Rappel device, Ascenders, Jumar, Piton, Shovel etc.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, Toiletry kit, Water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, Ear plugs, First-aid and all essential medicines.
- Gears for Travel: Expedition duffel bag, Nylon stuff sacks, Rucksack, Day pack for hiking purpose etc.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags with liner, Trekking poles, Pee bottle, Pee Funnel for Women, Water bottles, Sleeping mat, etc.
- Footwear: Cold weather boots, Climbing boots, Casual shoes, Gaiters, Koflach, Crampon, Lightweight/ Midweight/ Liner socks.
Kangyatse Shoulder Peak Climbing Details
The expedition cost for Kangyatse Shoulder peak climb is approximate $ 2-2500. The additional expenses would that be of clothing and equipment in your backpack that you must carry.