An ancient city with a royal infrastructure, nature’s majestic views with the architectural excellence, a place preserving the culture, heritage, and beauty. India is a country known for the unity in diversity and for its culture and heritage. There are a lot of places preserving the heritage of the country and empowering the nation by connecting it to its roots and so is a village in the state of Karnataka which is recognized as a UNESCO “World Heritage Site” popularly known as Hampi. It is located within the ruins of Vijayanagara Empire on the banks of Tungabhadra river. There are numerous beautiful sites to be visited in this village which attracts a lot of tourists every year.
The magnificent ruins of Hampi have a lot to offer in 7-8 days of a Backpacking trip. The travelers’ ghetto has been the various beautiful Monuments of historical importance, the marketplace which offers a quite different experience, the budget lodges, theVirupaksha Temple and the Tranquil Virupapur Gaddis cross the Tungabhadra river.
BACKPACKING TRIP TO HAMPI- DETAILS
- Location: Karnataka, India
- Max Altitude: 467 m
- Nearest Domestic Airport: Bellary, India
- NearestInternational Airport: Bengaluru, India
- Nearest Railway Station: Kariganuru, India
- Best time to visit: September to February
- Trip Duration: 7-8 Days
What to carry in your Backpacks:
- Footwear: Normal walking boots/ Sports shoes, and floaters. Few pairs of socks (woolen according to season).
- Clothes: Jacket, T-shirts, shirts and shorts. A few pair of jeans, pants, a wind-cheater.
* clothing as per the season
- Gear for Hand & Head: Sun hats, Face mask, woolen cap etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.