The sea, the plains, the hills, the sand, nature has blessed us with a wonderland. When the waters meet the land it is an astonishing scene that attracts a whole lot of audience to these places known as Beaches and when beaches meet the mountains it is a perfect package in itself. Gokarna is a small town in the state of Karnataka. Gokarna is famous for the Mahabaleshwar Shiva Temple located in the town. The place is also known as one of the seven important Hindu pilgrimage centers. Gokarna is about 238km north of Mangalore and 520km from Bengaluru. The railway station is 6km from the town. The beaches in Gokarna are riveting and make for an excellent holiday experience. The 8km Gokarna Beach Trek highlights the allurement of the beautiful beaches and the trek route is popularly known as “Golden Route”. The lush and dense tropical forests unfold to the route the stunning beauty of the trek that are the phenomenal sand beaches that attract a number of visitors.
The Gokarna Beach Trek is an 8km trek which takes about 2-3 days. Gokarna is a conflux between the Samadhis and the Arabian sea with hillocks surrounding the beach. The trek covers the natural beauty of the various beaches of Gokarna like the Paradise beach which is about 150m in length and covered mostly by beach rocks. The Paradise Beach is a delight for every nature lover and actually a paradise for all wanderers. The Half Moon beach is another beautiful yet less popular beach which is usually less crowded. The trail which leads to the Half Moon Beach also has a beautiful attraction known as the Rock of Peace which is a famous spot for if you are lucky enough you might see a Dolphin. The Om Beach is another beach in the Gokarna Beach trek which has a cliff known as Shiva Climb. The last but not the least is the Kudle Beach with the coastline of about 1km covering a vast area. The turquoise water and the picturesque view of the landscape is a stunning experience.
The Gokarna Beach Trek Details
- Difficulty: Easy
- Maximum Altitude: 22m
- Total Trekking Distance: 8km
- Trek duration: 2-3 days
- Location: Gokarna (Karnataka), India
- Nearest international Airport: Goa, India
- Nearest Domestic Airport: Mangalore Airport at Bajpe, India
Essential Trekking Equipments to carry in the Gokarna Beach Trek
- Footwear: A pair of slippers and sports shoes.
- Luggage: Backpack (60 liters)
- Clothes: Breathable jackets and pants, Wind-cheater, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, extra shorts.
- Gear for hand and head: Sun Hat, Face Masks, etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, Anti-glare glasses, water bottle, Swiss knife, Hydra Pack.
- Trekking gears: Emergency Toolkit.
- Protection and first-aid: Sunscreen, Toiletry kit, Zip Lock bags, ear plugs, first aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Sleeping bags (extreme -5 to +5 Celsius) with liner.