Deotibba Hampta Pass trek in Himachal is one of the finest treks in this region and is closely accessible from Manali. The trek route gives you great views of high Himalayan peaks and an opportunity to get close to a 6000-meters Deo Tibba peak. The experience of sniffing a high rising peak and going through a high Himalayan pass makes the Hampta Pass and Deo tibia base camp trek a fine choice for backpack enthusiasts.
To do Hampta Pass and Deo tibba base camp trek you must reach Manali in Himachal Pradesh either by plane, bus or cab. The psychedelic culture of Manali can amuse you, and it will be nice if you can spend a day here for acclimatization as well. From Manali, one has to drive to Jagatsukh or Khanol to start this trek. This is the entry point for Hampta pass trek and also for Deo Tibba base camp and peak climb. The trek in itself is not extremely hard and considered as moderate. But it is recommended for those people who have done a few shorter treks in past. It is not an outright beginners trek.
If you are not sure then speak to a travel operator about the possibility of Hampta Pass and Deo tibba base camp trek. If you follow instructions of the trek leader and prepare yourself as required then you should be able to accomplish this trek without any significant problem.
HAMPTA PASS & DEO TIBBA BASE CAMP TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: MODERATE
- Trek Distance: 50-60 km
- Trek Duration: 10 Days
- Location: Manali, Uttarakhand, India
- Best Time: April-June and mid-September till October.
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India,
- Nearest domestic airport: Manali, India
Driving Routes: Delhi-Chandigarh-Manali-Jagatsukh/Khan
Equipment Needed for Deo Tibba BC and Hampta Pass Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (50-60 liters), Daypack (20-30 ltr), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags (extreme -5 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, Sleeping mat, etc. Kitchen Tent, Ration, cooking utensils, etc.
Guidelines for Deotibba Hampta Pass Hampta Pass and BC Trek
Ensure that you have carried most things listed in the equipment list. If you feel something cannot be arranged then talk to your tour operator. In any case, you must carry your first-aid kit and personal medicines. Do not rely on anyone else do it for you.
During the trek focus on consuming calories and nutrition so your energy levels are decked up. Drink enough water, energy drinks and ORS to stay hydrated. Do not consume alcohol or illicit substances while pursuing Hampta Pass and Deo tibba base camp trek. Do not venture out alone too far, or try to hike during night. Ask your trek leader for instructions.