Deo Tibba in local legends is the meeting point of all Gods. It is the exact place where they control the proceeding of earthlings and hence considered a holy place for the locals. For mountaineers, it is moderate level peak climb and serves as great preparations for tougher peaks in future.
Deo Tibba is situated near Manali and Kullu in Himachal in northern India. The altitude of 6001 meters is neither easy nor too difficult. With the guidance of trained climbers and some wisely preparations can improve your chances of Deo Tibba peak climb.
DEO TIBBA PEAK DETAILS
- Difficulty: MODERATELY DIFFICULT / CHALLENGING
- Elevation in feet: 19688
- Elevation in meters: 6001
- Prominence: xxx
- Coordinates: 32°2 N 77°38 E
- Location: Pir Panjal Range, ManaliKullu, HimachalPradesh, India
- First ascent: xxx
- Climbing window: May, June, late September till early October
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India,
- Nearest domestic airport: Manali, India
Deo Tibba Peak Climbing Preparations
Ideally one needs to pursue few backpacking treks, possibly in the Himalayas, where one has to camp and cook on their own. If the trek has been done on snow then it becomes an added advantage. After gaining high altitude Himalayan experience one need builds good fitness and prepare mentally for hardships of peak climb. Most importantly, a good climbing technique with good gears and support team is essential to achieve Deo Tibba summit.
The Equipment List for Deo Tibba Peak Climb Expedition
- Clothing: Lightweight long underwear top, Expedition weight underwear bottoms, Down suit, Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Wind shirts/light shell jacket, Jacket synthetic or fleece of down feather, Synthetic insulated pants etc.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Windcheater fleece gloves, Mittens with liners, Bandanna, Sun hat, Insulated climbing gloves, woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Other Accessories: Glacier glasses, Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, night vision glasses, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Climbing Gears: Ice ax, Crampons, Webbing, Carabineers, Rappel device, Ascenders, Jumar, Piton, Shovel etc.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, Toiletry kit, Water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, Earplugs, First-aid and all essential medicines.
- Gears for Travel: Expedition duffel bag, Nylon stuff sacks, Rucksack, Daypack for hiking purpose etc.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags with liner, Trekking poles, Pee bottle, Pee Funnel for Women, Water bottles, Sleeping mat, etc.
- Footwear: Cold weather boots, Climbing boots, Casual shoes, Gaiters, Koflach, Crampon, Lightweight/ Midweight/ Liner socks.
Deo Tibba Peak Climbing Details
The expedition cost for Deo Tibba is $ 2-3000. There would be additional expenses for airfare and other logistics before and after Manali. Relatively it is lesser costly to climb Deo Tibba.