Dayara bugyal is globally renowned for showcasing the largest meadows in the world, next only to Bedni bugyal meadows. What makes this place even popular is its’ easily accessibility through backpacking or trekking. Optimum for beginners, the Dayara Bugyal trek is one a delightful journey into the laps of nature. Giant Himalayan peaks are visible in full grandeur from Dyara meadows, and this mountain view is what drives people to this unique place. In winters this place becomes a paradise for skiing. In recent years Dayara bugyal is hailed as one of the best skiing destination in the world.
The Dayara meadows are widespread and the carpet of green grass gives this place a dreamland effect. Travel writers often recommend Dayara bugyal trek because of it offers what no other places can. The trek is mere 09 km from the road head at Barsu, making it very easy to reach here on foot. Moreover, within 06-07 hours you can reach Barsu from Dehradun airport, meaning you won’t have to spend long holidays to pursue this trek. Depending on the number of days you have you can break this trekking tour as per your physical convenience and timeline.
A longer version of this trek can be done from Sangam chatti. One can hike to Agora village from Sangam Chatti. From Agora it is 16 km, mostly uphill trek to Dayara Bugyal. From there you can descend to Barsu. But for beginners, it is best to pursue this trek from Barsu and back. Details about Dayara bugyal trek is made available for information and planning.
DAYARA BUGYAL TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: EASY
- Trek Distance: 30 km
- Trek Duration: 06 Days
- Location: Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India
- Best Time: April-June and mid-September till December. Winter trek recommended, especially for Ski and winter sports.
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Dehradun, India
- Nearest railway station: Dehradun, India
Equipment Check List for Dayara Bugyal Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (50 liters), Daypack (20-30 ltr), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags (extreme -5 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, Sleeping mat, etc. Kitchen Tent, Ration, cooking utensils, etc.
- Skiing Gears
About Dayara Bugyal Trek
Get well prepared for Dayara bugyal trek because it is one of the most remote regions of Himalayas. Basically, on Himalayan treks, you have to manage everything on your own without expecting to get resources from mountains. Get your warm clothes, ration and trekking gears intact. At Dayara you will sleep in alpine tents with sleeping bags because there is no accommodation over there. Make sure all those things in the checklist are taken care of. If you plan well then Dayara bugyal trek can be a long lasting memory of your life.