Bara Bhangal trek takes one to Bara Bhangal pass, where you touch the altitude of close to 4700 m. Essentially, the trek goes through the traditional grazing grounds of the local people, which has been used as Shepherd trail since time immemorial.
Bara Bhangal trek is a challenging one with the opportunity to negotiate the rocky surface of high altitude mountains and also get to see and high rising peaks from a close distance. It is a lengthy trek and even in a fast paced mode, you will need about 14 days to accomplish it. The trek is perfect for keen adventure seekers, looking for multiday backpacking in the core terrain of Himalayas. Trekker who is looking to pursue something harder can opt for this Alpine-Himalayan trek.
The best time for Bara Bhangal trek is in June and also in September. That is the best time of the season to attempt Bara Bhangal. The following information about Bara Bhangal pass trek would be helpful in planning this adventure holiday.
BARA BHANGAL PASS TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: HARD
- Trek Distance: 110 km
- Trek Duration: 12-14 Days
- Location: Billing, Himachal Pradesh, India
- Best Time: May-June and mid-September till mid-October.
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Kullu-Manali, India
Equipment List for Bara Bhangal Pass Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (60-70 liters), Daypack, Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags (extreme -5 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, Sleeping mat, etc. Kitchen Tent, Ration, cooking utensils, etc.
Important Information about Bara Bhangal Trek
Bara Bhangal is a long and arduous trek. Therefore, all necessary arrangements have to be made in terms of night halt, ration and arrangements to cook meals. You will need assistance in carrying your load, so porters or ponies will be required. An experienced Himalayan trekking company would be able to help you and successfully accomplish the Bara Bhangal trek.