Valleys and hills, parks and lakes, waterfalls, and smell of the heavenly air, all these things fascinate a nature lover. The decency of a place close to nature is more with a real picture of true beauty. A town in the Western Ghats range in the state of Kerala, Munnar has a lot to attract tourists worldwide. One of the most popular hill station in Kerala, this town is known for its tea plantations and the rolling mountains all around. It is situated on the banks of three rivers – Madupetti, Nallathanni, and Periavaru. The town is blessed with the highest peak in south India known as the Anamudipeat which is located at an elevation of 2,695 m above the sea level. Munnar is located at a distance of 108 km from Aluva, 109 km from Angamali, 130 kilometers away from Ernakulam while 135 km from Madurai.
Why to visit Munnar?
A paradise for tourists, trekkers, mountaineers and wildlife lovers, the town has something for everyone. The tea estates, trek to Anaimudi, visit Eco Point, Pallivasal, Chinnakanal and Anayirangal, Top Station, Mattupetty, Eravikulam National Park and a lot more adventurous and amazing sites. The greenery, waterfalls, mountains and all the connections to nature with the astonishing view of the picture book town is an experience of a lifetime.
BACKPACKING TRIP TO MUNNAR DETAILS
- Location: Kerala, India
- Trip Duration: 8-9 Days
- Best Time: September to May.
- Max Altitude: 2,695 m
- Nearest airport: Aluva, India
- Nearest Railway Station: Cochin, India
Essentials to carry for the Trip
- Footwear: Normal walking boots, Sports shoes, and floaters. Few pairs of socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (60 liters), Daypack (20-30 liters), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, insulated pants (Synthetic), t-shirts, cotton pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Bandanna, Sun hat, Face mask etc.
- Traveling Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.