Mount Thingchinkhang in Sikkim is one of the many six-thousand peaks in India, but owing to its elegance the peak is preferred by the climbers. Mount Thingchinkhang is exceptionally well suited for mountaineers who wish to set foot on higher peaks in future. In other words, Mount Thingchinkhang peak is ideal for a beginner climber.
Mount Thingchinkhang is also visible during the Goechala Pass Trek, where the beauty of the peak is visible in day light.
Necessary planning is mandatory before one plans to climb Mount Thingchinkhang. It may not be very high rising peak from Himalayan standards, yet Mount Thingchinkhang peak climb would require all the necessary climbing gears that the team will carry. HelpTravelerOnline puts in the necessary information and statistics for your knowledge and lets you plan better.
- Difficulty: MODERATE
- Elevation in feet: 19718
- Elevation in meters: 6010
- Prominence: NA
- Coordinates: NA
- Location: Khangchendzonga National Park, Sikkim, India
- First ascent: The peak was opened for climbing in 1990.
- Climbing window: Throughout the year, except peak winters (Nov-March)
- Nearest international airport: Kolkata, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Bagdogra, India
Driving Routes: Bagdogra-Gangtok-Yuksom
Requirements for Mount Thingchinkhang Peak Climb
- Clothing: Lightweight long underwear top, Expedition weight underwear bottoms, Down suit, Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Wind shirts/light shell jacket, Jacket synthetic or fleece of down feather, Synthetic insulated pants etc.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Windcheater fleece gloves, Mittens with liners, Bandanna, Sun hat, Insulated climbing gloves, woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Climbing Gears: Ice ax, Crampons, Webbing, Carabineers, Rappel device, Ascenders, Jumar, Piton, Shovel etc.
- Other Accessories: Glacier glasses, Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, night vision glasses, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags with liner, Trekking poles, Pee bottle, Pee Funnel for Women, Water bottles, Sleeping mat, etc.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, Toiletry kit, Water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, Ear plugs, First-aid and all essential medicines.
- Gears for Travel: Expedition duffel bag, Nylon stuff sacks, Rucksack, Day pack for hiking purpose etc.
- Footwear: Cold weather boots, Climbing boots, Casual shoes, Gaiters, Koflach, Crampon, Lightweight/ Midweight/ Liner socks.
Note for the Mount Thingchinkhang Climbers
The itinerary and information provided for Mount Thingchinkhang peak climb have been accumulated from the reliable sources. But we recommend that you cross check these details prior to the tour planning. Also build you fitness and stamina prior to the peak climbing of Mount Thingchinkhang.