Brahma Tal is a small high altitude lake close from the small hamlet of Lohajung in Garhwal Uttarakhand. The lake has legends and religious values for the local people and everyone considers it sacred. It is believed that lord Brahma – the creator of universe – mediated at this place. And for adventure lover, a trek to Brahma tal lake is a great way to unwind their body and spirit and get up close with nature. From the top of the peak, you get to witness some gigantic peaks of the Himalayas like Nanda Ghunti, Trishul – the Trident Peak and Bethartoli Himal. You also get a birds-eye view of trek route to Roopkund lake.
The hike to Brahma tal lake is relatively short one. One side distance from Lohajung to Brahma tal is round about 10 km. A further walk to Jatropani top can also be included in your Brahma tal lake trek.
The Brahma tal lake trip gives you a lot of fun. For amateur hikers a place like Brahma tal is like heaven sent. Within easy walking distance, you get to witness the high peaks and Himalayan lakes. Brahma tal lake trek is appropriately suitable for beginners, families and nature lovers.
Use the information on this page about Brahma tal lake as it will be useful if you plan a trip to this destination. Experienced guides are available at Lohajung who can assist you with trekking and other things.
BRAHMA TAL TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: EASY
- Trek Distance: 25 km
- Trek Duration: 05 Days
- Location: Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India
- Best Time: April-June and mid-September till December. Winter trek recommended.
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Dehradun, India
- Nearest railway station: Kathgodam, India
Trekking Essentials for Brahma Tal Lake Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks.
- Luggage: Backpack / Daypack (20-30 ltr), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags (extreme -5 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, Sleeping mat, etc. Kitchen Tent, Ration, cooking utensils, etc.
More Info on Brahma Tal Lake Trek
To visit Brahma tal lake you have to reach Lohajung, which is on the Karnprayag-Wan road. One can take a train up to Kathgodam, and from there have to take a jeep to Lohajung. Otherwise, Rishikesh is the other nearest railway station, as well as the closest airport. The Rishikesh to Lohajung is more accessible and recommended.